Sunday, March 02, 2008

Roubaud in London

On the evening of Wednesday, March 19th, Jacques Roubaud - novelist, poet, mathematician and member of OuLiPo - will give a reading (in English) at Foyles bookshop in the Southbank Centre. Among other things, he'll read from his major prose work, of which only volume one - The Great Fire of London - has been published in English. However, volume two - La Boucle - is said to be on its way. The event starts at 6:30pm and admission is free.

You can read more about all six volumes in Dalkey Archive's Casebook on the series.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I were going to be in London! If you go, I've love to hear about it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:10 am

    Thanks for this Steve. Nice to see something new up on This Space -- hope this means your recovery is continuing apace?

    I doubt I'll be able to make the reading, but I'll certainly try my hardest...

    Good news that Volume 2 of Roubaud's work is on the way too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a passage in 'The Great Fire of London' where he describes moving around 'the triangle of bookshops' in Charing Cross Road, including Foyles.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.