Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Show me the way to the fourth circle of Hell


The Wordsworth Trust has an exhibition up in Grasmere about "the rediscovery of Dante in the Romantic period and its lasting impact on British literature and art".

If Cumbria is a little out of your way, then the Trust has produced a book on the same subject. I've seen and held a copy and it's the definition of sumptuous. Not only that, it's the best-smelling book I've sniffed in a long while.

Unfortunately, it isn't available through the usual channels so can't be added to any (albeit futile) wishlist.

5 comments:

  1. the wishlist link doesn't work. I think the address you need to use is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/
    registry.html/026-3154680-4649240?ie=
    UTF8&type=wishlist&id=2RY0KLBW0ST1C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing it out. I really should test these things first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard through the grapevine that your sense of smell is less than perfect, "Steve," so how can we trust your recommendations regarding aromatic books, particularly books about authors who you admit to reading in translation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, how can you trust the grapevine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admittedly I am somewhat sceptical about the merits of the grapevine. Though I've a thing about telephones so for now it'll have to do.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.